Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

MIA Catch up

Sorry for going MIA at the end of last week.  Friday was my birthday and I was too busy celebrating to come up with posts for y'all ;)

So how did we celebrate my birthday?
Well I attended the Active Birth Workshop.  Yes, without Ross (My little victory turned out to be hollow... argh...)  In the end, though, while helpful, the workshop didn't really cover birth positions or things that would have been helpful for Ross to know anyway (despite it's name) so it wasn't that big a deal.

Then we went to the Trafford Centre for lunch at Carluccio's and to see The Muppets!  Though it's been out in the US since Thanksgiving, it wasn't released until my actual birthday here.  I declared it to be a birthday gift from the universe.  My husband knows how to treat me right!  My amazing man had also planned to take me to IKEA after the movie (seriously, I'd told one of my friends that a trip to the Swedish store was one of my birthday wishes!), but because the Active Birth Workshop had run nearly an hour over it was too late.

In the end, I don't really feel a year older.  Thirty three!  I've never been one to be squeamish about getting older or people knowing my age.  And I think this is going to be the best year yet.
And now, I leave you with some Muppet fun.

Winner of the Academy Award for Best Original Song in the year of my birth!

Did you see The Muppets yet?
Are you perpetually 29 or ageing normally?

4 comments:

  1. "Rainbow Connection" did not win the Oscar. It lost to a song from "Norma Rae."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well dammit! Why would You Tube lie to me!?!? Does this mean you can't just accept everything you read on the internet as fact?

      Delete
  2. Happy belated! Glad it was fun! I haven't seen The Muppets yet, but I want to.

    ReplyDelete